The TRT Games Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL NEW AND FORMER TRT MEMEMBERS.
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» A hello/goodbye and an apology
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am by Bananaman

» hey guys im back and ready to attack!!
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» TR School PT 2
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» One last Message from an Old Friend
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 am by Jake

» TRT..
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm by ChickenHunter

» Try and get Mumble to come back
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm by Mumbleortiz5

» WoRd PlAy- a word game by BK
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am by Jake

» Hello, again.
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:21 pm by Jake

» TRT Awards 2010: the results
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» The Rise and Fall of Chatserv: Amerikaanse Varken Versie
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 am by ponycrazy12

» The Final Thread
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 am by Aarbenhar

» NEW FORUM LIVE!
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 am by Sir Gamealot

» Bye. Forever.
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm by Seastella!

» Post The Song In Your Head
Mosque At Ground Zero? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm by Cowzrock

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:54 am

Mosque At Ground Zero?

+4
Bananaman
Sir Gamealot
Armageddon
Acdog
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mosque At Ground Zero? Empty Mosque At Ground Zero?

Post by Acdog Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Mosque At Ground Zero? September-11-world-trade-center

Devastation.

Confusion.

Catastrophic.

These, among others, are some of the words used to describe that fateful day, 9/11. On this day, members of al-Qaeda, a muslim terroist group, hijacked two jet airlines, and crashed them into the World Trade Centers.

Thousands of lifes lost, thousands of families ruined. Innocent people. Americans.

New York City Firefighters, Police Men, and other emergency personel responded with courage, and bravery. Many gave their lives to save someone else, and had no regrets doing it. When the towers fell, the dust cloud practically coated ALL of Lower Manhattan.

People jumped out, choosing instant crushing of bones over burning to death. Could you imagine having to make that choice? I couldn't. Think about it. Think about your mother. Your father. Your best friend. Now imagine having to not only never see them again, tell them that you love them, hear them tell you they love you; but also die. Jump out the window, or wait for the fire to reach the 67th floor.

No one expected it. No one understood it. Was it an accident? Then the second plane hit.

When those people left their homes that morning, they didn't know that they wouldn't be coming back. And the kids didn't know it'd be the last time they'd see their mommy or daddy.

A plane also hit the Pentagon, one of America's most secretive,prestigous governmental buildings.

A plane was also headed for the White House. The passengers managed to crash it in a field in Pennslyvania, sacrificing themselves. For who? US. America.

I think all of us remember, (at least those of us who were old enough at the time), where we where and what we were doing when we recieved "the news".

The entire country went into paranoia. Everyone was wondering when the next attack was going to come. And where.

Then, for once, all of us united. Patriotism skyrockted to an all time high. Our response was the War On Terrorism. No matter what sex, what race, what occupation, people came together and enrolled in the war. We were PROUD to be Americans.

Whether the war was a good call, dosen't matter. Focus on the aspect that OUR soilders were following orders they were given in order to defend OUR freedom. Dieing. Seeing friends blown to pieces. Ejected out of Humvees after hitting roadsie bombs.The death toll for our soilders in this war topped that of 9/11, long, long ago. The last brigade from Iraq just pulled out...earlier this week maybe? It's been almost a decade of our soilders falling for our freedom.

Let me explain what they're fighting. Al-Qaeda, a muslim terrorist group. They follow the Qur'an, their holy book. In the Qur'an, it's Western Civilization is depicted as evil. It must be destroyed. It instructs them to kill us. According to the Qur'an, when a muslim dies in battle in pursuit of killing non-muslims, there hand begins to light up. They go to their god, in heaven, and are presented with 72 virgins. It's also very well known that the Qur'an talks about Muslims building mosques on battlefields and battles they have conquered against non-muslims, thus furthering the spread of Islam.

The Qur'an also highlights Sharia Law. Sharia Law is a set of muslim legal systems. Entailed in it are the following:
-ALL women are men's slaves
-Women must cover their hair and most of their face, because they are worthelss
-If a skirt is too short, (showing ankles), or a pair of pants to tight, people may be prosectued by death of hanging or being stoned to death. In uncommon cases they face jailtime.

This is Sharia Law. You see? This isn't even religon anymore. It's an idealism. It's a way of life. This is what THEIR holy book, WHAT THEY WORSHIP, is about. This is what they believe is right.

"Peace Seeking Muslims?"

No. If your a Muslim, you go by the Qur'an. Your aren't a Muslim if you DON'T go by the Qur'an. Sharia Law and the teaching that non-muslims, (not just Christians; athiests,antagonists,buddhists,ANYONE who is a non-muslim, is evil!), are all MAJOR themes throughout this holy book. It's not something that some believe and some don't, like what day Jesus resurrected on, for example, to Christians. Those ideals are like believing that Jesus was the messiah for a Christian.

Your NOT Christian unless you go by the Bible.

Same goes for Muslims with their holy book.

Mega-mosques are going up everywhere. Yeah, yeah, freedom of religon,right?

Wrong. This isn't a religon. It's a way of life, and they're going to take over America.

Proposal has been made to build a MEGA-mosque, approxiamately two blocks from Ground Zero. Thirteen stories. The neighboring two building were both completely coated in ash when the towers fell. That should show you how close it is. They build on the places they CONQUER.

Guess what. Mayor of New York City supports it.
But New York City itself dosen't.

Obama supports it, saying they have the right to freedom of religon, just like anyone else. He never commented on if he thought it was a good idea to let them build, however. He just supports the "right" for them to build.

A poll was taken.
70% of America DOES NOT WANT THIS MOSQUE.

Seventy Percent. And our president if just going to tell us to live with it? To let the people who commited the worst attack on The United States in the HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY build a trophy to their victory? To make those families of the Firefighters, the Policemen, the workers of The World Trade Centers?

It's not about religon. It's about respect. That area is SACRED GROUND to New Yorkers, and for that matter, Americans.

WE elected the president.

WE elected the mayor of New York City.

And how do they represent us,(you know, their job?)? They don't. If America says "We don't want this, seventy percent of us DON'T WANT THIS", I think it's a clue to what we, as patriotic Americans, want. But we're just being to told to sit back and deal with it. This democracy is slowly transforming into something else. Something that we don't have a say in.

I mean, we STILL have thousands of troops in Afganistan fighting and dieing against these people. Would we be over there if it wasn't for 9/11? No. So...we're going to let them build a thirteen story Mega-Mosque to celebrate 2,995 innocent American casulties? Famlies, friends, husbands, wifes, grandmothers, almost THREE THOUSAND people dead.

Yes, I understand that they have a right to freedom of religon. But New York is a big city with over SIXTY mosques. They couldn't pick an area that wasn't in shouting distance of Ground Zero?

This is a smack in the face to New Yorkers, and to Americans. We literally have NO SAY in this! That's scary.

If the government can slide by with something as not wanted and controversial as this, what's next?

It hasn't even been a decade since this happend. The sting, the pain, and the misery, will still linger in New York City's streets for many years to come.

-To the firemen,
policemen,
emergency personel,
and innocent victims and families
of the events that transpired
on September 11th, 2001: You are not forgotten.

Mosque At Ground Zero? P124221-New_York-Tribute_in_Light

Last edited by Acdog on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Number of posts : 2131
Tracker Points : 7229
Registration date : 2008-10-12

http://acdog.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Mosque At Ground Zero? Empty Re: Mosque At Ground Zero?

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:31 am

1st amendment.
Islam is a religion.
Freedom of Religion.
Lets not to be total ingrates and attack other cultures and beliefs.
I motion to locking this thread because of the fact its an obvious flame war starter and it will end up being locked anyways.
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Number of posts : 1075
Tracker Points : 6528
Registration date : 2008-11-12

http://fletchowns.net/what.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Gamealot Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:33 am

Riiiiiiiiiight..

Terrorists = Muslims, however:
Muslims =/= terrorists.

Check your facts kthx.
Sir Gamealot
Sir Gamealot
They see me administratin'.
They hatin'.
They see me administratin'. They hatin'.

Number of posts : 2122
Tracker Points : 7600
Registration date : 2007-10-16

http://bribble.chatserv.nl/8823

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananaman Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 am

I couldnt be bothered to read this, but what I remembered from this was the Lockerbie Bombing where I live o:

Family guy took the piss out of it. I laughed.

Also, I dont appreciate some kid telling me why we went into Iraq and what-not after the 9/11 bombings.

Bananaman
Bananaman
Patience then Payback

Number of posts : 797
Tracker Points : 6850
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.clubpenguin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry43 Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:55 am

Yeah, people of any religious group can be crazed idiots, not just Muslims. And, I mean, just because a few people are loonies in one religion, doesn't mean that the entire religion is composed of them.
Jerry43
Jerry43
Master Tracker
Master Tracker

Number of posts : 695
Tracker Points : 6279
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie'D Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:12 am

This stereotype that Muslims are crazy terrorists just pisses me off... Anyways. I couldn't help but notice this:

Thousands of lifes lost, thousands of families ruined. Innocent people. Americans.

The ''Americans'' part wasn't really needed. Razz
It's like saying that you're annoyed by 9/11, just because Americans were killed over there.

Last edited by Cookie_death on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Cookie'D
Cookie'D
Exotic Greek Maiden
Exotic Greek Maiden

Number of posts : 1296
Tracker Points : 5640
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am

no religion allows murder if a muslim kills he is not a muslim

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie'D Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:02 am

LOL @ SG's Image at the end of topic xD
Cookie'D
Cookie'D
Exotic Greek Maiden
Exotic Greek Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:05 am

i cant wait to see ac's reaction to the batman thing ahahahha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Gamealot Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 am

*innocent whistle* Very Happy
Sir Gamealot
Sir Gamealot
They hatin'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Armageddon wrote:1st amendment.
Islam is a religion.
Freedom of Religion.
Lets not to be total ingrates and attack other cultures and beliefs.
I motion to locking this thread because of the fact its an obvious flame war starter and it will end up being locked anyways.

I'm pretty sure it's a little bit of abuse of our rights. The founding fathers didn't have this in mind. And you know why? Because they weren't in the "politically correct" society that we're living in now. It's time for people to actually voice their opinions and stop being afraid of causing ripples and making someone mad.

Jerry43 wrote:Yeah, people of any religious group can be crazed idiots, not just Muslims. And, I mean, just because a few people are loonies in one religion, doesn't mean that the entire religion is composed of them.
Of course there are other people that are out of their mind. I never said that. If it was Christians in the place of Muslims, we'd be in the same boat. Same with any other religon. It's not the point that they're Muslim. It's the point of what they did and how far they're going to keep going if we don't do something about it. Buddhists, Christians, or athiests don't have a terrorist group out to kill us. But if they did, and had done all the same things, this post would be about them, not Muslims.

Cookie_death wrote:This stereotype that Muslims are crazy terrorists just pisses me off... Anyways. I couldn't help but notice this:

The ''Americans'' part wasn't really needed. Mosque At Ground Zero? Icon_razz
It's like saying that you're annoyed by 9/11, just because Americans were killed over there.

I put that word in there to show how ridiculous it is that we're letting them build this mosque on the site of the worst terrorist attack in American history, caused by them. It'd be the same if it was Greece or France or wherever. It's not like their building a mosque in Canada and everyone in America is flipping out over it. No, Ground Zero. That's why I used the word "Americans."
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Acdog wrote:

It's time for people to actually voice their opinions and stop being afraid of causing ripples and making someone mad.

Like...expressing your freedom of religion and building a spiritual center where you wish to build one? =P

Also, on the ''christians don't have terrorist groups'', I think they have one that comes pretty close.

Spoiler:

Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Armageddon wrote:
Acdog wrote:

It's time for people to actually voice their opinions and stop being afraid of causing ripples and making someone mad.

Like...expressing your freedom of religion and building a spiritual center where you wish to build one? Mosque At Ground Zero? 301298

No, that's just disgraceful. It's not far from Ground Zero at all. Here's a fun fact. Hammas backs the building of this mosque. And the Imam, (their leader of the mosque), refuses to call Hammas a terrorist group. And to top it, no one knows where the money is coming from. Maybe Hammas itself.
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Acdog wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
Acdog wrote:

Like...expressing your freedom of religion and building a spiritual center where you wish to build one? Mosque At Ground Zero? 301298

No, that's just disgraceful. It's not far from Ground Zero at all. Here's a fun fact. Hammas backs the building of this mosque. And the Imam, (their leader of the mosque), refuses to call Hammas a terrorist group. And to top it, no one knows where the money is coming from. Maybe Hammas itself.

doesn't matter. The Constitution says they can do it. The law precedes over peoples hurt feelings whether you like it or not. Now that's a fact.
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:19 pm

The Imam also said that the U.S. government should be more compliant to Sheria Law, along with saying Hammas isn't a terrorist group. It's also made clear in the constitution that religon shouldn't interfere with government and laws. This Imam has already made clear that he supports Sheria Law, and he wants the U.S. government to do so also. It's clear that the views are radical!

...They want to open their doors on September 11th. I mean come on. You can't say that's a coincidence.
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Acdog wrote:The Imam also said that the U.S. government should be more compliant to Sheria Law, along with saying Hammas isn't a terrorist group. It's also made clear in the constitution that religon shouldn't interfere with government and laws. This Imam has already made clear that he supports Sheria Law, and he wants the U.S. government to do so also. It's clear that the views are radical!

...They want to open their doors on September 11th. I mean come on. You can't say that's a coincidence.

This is more gossip than fact. The fact is that religion will never come into effecting law and the Constitution. If it ever does it will be Christianity, not Islam. I am in AP Government, I am required to read the Constitution thoroughly and nothing they are doing is against the law. It may be morally incorrect, but it's protected by the Constitution and the 1st amendment which allows them to build the mosque where ever they wish no matter who they are.
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Quote isn't working. Arma said:

This is more gossip than fact. The fact is that religion will never come into effecting law and the Constitution. If it ever does it will be Christianity, not Islam. I am in AP Government, I am required to read the Constitution thoroughly and nothing they are doing is against the law. It may be morally incorrect, but it's protected by the Constitution and the 1st amendment which allows them to build the mosque where ever they wish no matter who they are.

This thread hasn't been about if their allowed to do it or not. It's how America feels about it. Thoughts and opinions on if you think it's morally right, not if they're legally allowed to do it.

EDIT: It's clear that this isn't about freedom of religon. It's about dominance, and superiority. It's not anti-muslim. It's anti-radical. And it's obviously clear that this Imam IS radical.
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Acdog is right, the quote thing isnt working. lol
Acdog wrote:
This is more gossip than fact. The fact is that religion will never come into effecting law and the Constitution. If it ever does it will be Christianity, not Islam. I am in AP Government, I am required to read the Constitution thoroughly and nothing they are doing is against the law. It may be morally incorrect, but it's protected by the Constitution and the 1st amendment which allows them to build the mosque where ever they wish no matter who they are. [/quote]

This thread hasn't been about if their allowed to do it or not. It's how America feels about it. Thoughts and opinions on if you think it's morally right, not if they're legally allowed to do it.[/quote]

----------------------------------
if thats what this is turning to then I shall express my opinion on it.
No, they probably shouldn't build it there because of how the New Yorkers feel about it, but everyone's opinions and feelings over it isn't going to solve anything. Just like how everyone's opinions on Abortion and Gay Marriage won't solve anything. The law governs over morale correctness. You can express your freedom of speech, but in reality, it does nothing. The government does what ever it wants. I know that's harsh, but it's what all this proves, the Government does whatever it wants.
They sent us to Vietnam even though the majority of Americas disapproved of it, and they are staying in Afghanistan even though the majority of Americas want out.
Just like we aren't responsible for what the people in the high chairs do, the citizens of all those Middle Eastern countries aren't responsible for what nutjobs they are governed over. So, this Mosque isn't right because of the fact the people who killed all those people were nutjobs who shared a radically same belief, but don't attack those who didn't do it just because they follow the same book (in a much less radical way, mind you.).
how about building a Church right by the Mosque? Love thy neighbor! Give peace a chance.
Theres my opinion.
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Arma said:

So, this Mosque isn't right because of the fact the people who killed all those people were nutjobs who shared a radically same belief, but don't attack those who didn't do it just because they follow the same book (in a much less radical way, mind you.).

--------------
True, but it's been made clear how radical the Imam's, the priest of their mosque, ideas are. And the mosque goes by his teachings, like Church attendants go by the priest's teachings. That's why it's reasonable to believe that this group is going to be a radical one, which is what we're fighting as we speak. Radical muslims in Afganistan. We don't want that fighting to ensue on our ground, do we?
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Acdog wrote:Arma said:

So, this Mosque isn't right because of the fact the people who killed all those people were nutjobs who shared a radically same belief, but don't attack those who didn't do it just because they follow the same book (in a much less radical way, mind you.).

--------------
True, but it's been made clear how radical the Imam's, the priest of their mosque, ideas are. And the mosque goes by his teachings, like Church attendants go by the priest's teachings. That's why it's reasonable to believe that this group is going to be a radical one, which is what we're fighting as we speak. Radical muslims in Afganistan. We don't want that fighting to ensue on our ground, do we?

------------------------
Once again, seems more like gossip than anything else. Like saying Obamas a radical because he attended the same church that Rev. Jeremiah Wright lectured at, which he isn't.
We don't need to be in Afghanistan. They want to be left alone, and we aren't doing that. If we want the radicals to leave us alone we need to leave them alone.
Fun Fact: the last time someone successfully controlled Afghanistan was when Alexander The Great did it, and he didn't use warfare to get it! lol
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Gamealot Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Acdog wrote:
This thread hasn't been about if their allowed to do it or not. It's how America feels about it. Thoughts and opinions on if you think it's morally right, not if they're legally allowed to do it.
Last time I checked, "thoughts and opinions" tend to be very unbalanced. Thoughts and opinions encouraged racism, the denial of blacks and women voting, and right now, are encouraging ignorance the suppression of numerous groups worldwide. If you want some thing to be done "morally" right, it has to be done by cold, hard facts and law.

Sir Gamealot
Sir Gamealot
They hatin'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Sir Gamealot wrote:
Last time I checked, "thoughts and opinions" tend to be very unbalanced. Thoughts and opinions encouraged racism, the denial of blacks and women voting, and right now, are encouraging ignorance the suppression of numerous groups worldwide. If you want some thing to be done "morally" right, it has to be done by cold, hard facts and law.

This is America. We're supposed to have thoughts and opinions on things. It's one of the luxeries we're lucky enough to have. And if you want something to be morally right, it has to be done by law? I'd have to competely disagree. Morals and law don't and never have went hand and hand. People find loopwholes around laws. Law can prove a murderer innocent. That's not morally right for the victims' family. I'd have to say if you want something done morally right, you have to make it happen yourself, but based on your thoughts and beliefs. Frankly, the government dosen't care.
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowzrock Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 pm

I say go for it. Yeah, yeah, maybe they did attack us, but the guys who DID weren't actually religious, and Muslims have nothing to do with them. They were outcasts, and they wanted it that way. THEY WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSLIMS. Tons and tons of people shouldn't be punished by what two outcasts did, and what do we stress more that freedom of religion?
Cowzrock
Cowzrock
Supah Cow
Supah Cow

Number of posts : 297
Tracker Points : 5621
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie'D Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 am

I agree with Cowz.
Cookie'D
Cookie'D
Exotic Greek Maiden
Exotic Greek Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananaman Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:58 am

Muslims are good people. They dont differ to us... Other than the religion. but the fact is that it was a select few terrorists that caused the bombing. So dont slapping a label on Muslims as bad people. Anyone could just be as mentally insane as the people who caused the attack, the people werent even religious, they didnt want to be Muslims. Just imagine if it was a Christian group that caused this. It'd be a whole different situation.
Bananaman
Bananaman
Patience then Payback

Number of posts : 797
Tracker Points : 6850
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.clubpenguin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum