The TRT Games Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL NEW AND FORMER TRT MEMEMBERS.
CD's EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» A hello/goodbye and an apology
CD's EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am by Bananaman

» hey guys im back and ready to attack!!
CD's EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» TR School PT 2
CD's EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» One last Message from an Old Friend
CD's EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 am by Jake

» TRT..
CD's EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm by ChickenHunter

» Try and get Mumble to come back
CD's EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm by Mumbleortiz5

» WoRd PlAy- a word game by BK
CD's EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am by Jake

» Hello, again.
CD's EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:21 pm by Jake

» TRT Awards 2010: the results
CD's EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» The Rise and Fall of Chatserv: Amerikaanse Varken Versie
CD's EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 am by ponycrazy12

» The Final Thread
CD's EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 am by Aarbenhar

» NEW FORUM LIVE!
CD's EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 am by Sir Gamealot

» Bye. Forever.
CD's EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm by Seastella!

» Post The Song In Your Head
CD's EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm by Cowzrock

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:54 am

CD's

4 posters

Go down

CD's Empty CD's

Post by Armageddon Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I know you all LOVE the internet and Itunes, and use it alll the time to get your music, but do any of you ever go to a store and buy the CD? I would estimate only a few of you do, maybe less than that, but i am making this post to share with you my experiance with both buying CD's at a music store, and buying albums on Itunes.

Buying CD's at stores is a fading art. More and more people depend on the internet to get their music, and only a few actually go to the stores, why is this? Because 1.its easier 2.quicker 3. and doesnt require you to get up from your comfy spot in your chair. Now with those reasons WHYYY would people like me go to a store and buy music? Well heres why:

(1.The fact you never know if they have the music your looking for, which adds to the anxiousness of hoping its there so you wont have to go to another store

(2. Its always fun for me to skim through the CD's and look for the album your looking for, while looking at the others.

(3. when you buy the CD, you are able to look through the album, and look at the songs, and some CD's(like the beatles) have Interesting Facts on the recording of the album and have pictures of when they made the album, inside the cover. (the most outrageous one ive seen so far is in The Magical Mystery Tour) Which when you buy the albums on the internet, you cant do very well and isnt as fun.

(4. while listening to the CD i look through the cd, and some have the lyrics in the cover so you can follow along with the song your listening to.

(5. and so i can listen to them on my ipod, every CD i buy i burn onto my computer, add to itunes, and add to my ipod. ;D

Yes, using the internet is convient and easy, but it doesnt give the same thrill as buying the CD. My dad has over 100 cd's in our office closet from way back when CD's first came out (thats on one wall the other wall has cassetes from the 70's) and to have such a collection to show off does impress people. WHen someone asks you what music you have and all you have is internet bought music all you have to show is tracks on an Ipod. Buying CD's, in my opinion, is fun for the experiance, and gives you exercise, if you need it Wink

Comment your opinions, but please, I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH OF LIMEWARE, SO PLEASE DONT SAY ''well u culd use limeware'', i dont care. Just talk about Itunes and CD buying,please Wink and dont start a fight.
Armageddon
Armageddon
TRT 'Python'
TRT 'Python'

Number of posts : 1075
Tracker Points : 6526
Registration date : 2008-11-12

http://fletchowns.net/what.html

Back to top Go down

CD's Empty Re: CD's

Post by Artzach90 Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Ah, i agree.
But i do have a defending argument.

Say you dont live near a music store. You'd have to drive farther away. You'd lose more money on the gas, than you would buying the cd or buying on itunes COMBINED.

but other than that, i agree.

Oh, and my favorite CD HAS to be Hell freezes over by eagles ;D
Artzach90
Artzach90
EdwarddCullen <3
EdwarddCullen

Number of posts : 594
Tracker Points : 5804
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Well...burned CD's are great,because you can listen to them in the car. But the bad thing about buying CD's is that you may only like one song on the entire CD. Whereas iTunes you can simply buy the independent songs. So both are good,IMO.

Also,I'm still accidently banned and need to be unbanned. Thanks.Smile
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Number of posts : 2131
Tracker Points : 7227
Registration date : 2008-10-12

http://acdog.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie'D Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm

My room is full of shelves with CDs because a music store is near my house. And also, when you go to BASICALLY browse the CDs, you might find something you 'd like to listen to, even if you weren 't there to buy that CD. Now, some new CDs are expensive, but thank god that from 20 euros its like 10 now where I live. But, I agree with Zach, you spend gas and time when a store isnt near your house.
Cookie'D
Cookie'D
Exotic Greek Maiden
Exotic Greek Maiden

Number of posts : 1296
Tracker Points : 5638
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdog Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Cookie_death wrote:My room is full of shelves with CDs because a music store is near my house. And also, when you go to BASICALLY browse the CDs, you might find something you 'd like to listen to, even if you weren 't there to buy that CD. Now, some new CDs are expensive, but thank god that from 20 euros its like 10 now where I live. But, I agree with Zach, you spend gas and time when a store isnt near your house.

how much is 20 euros in american money? O-O
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Number of posts : 2131
Tracker Points : 7227
Registration date : 2008-10-12

http://acdog.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content