The TRT Games Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL NEW AND FORMER TRT MEMEMBERS.
My D.C Essay EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» A hello/goodbye and an apology
My D.C Essay EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am by Bananaman

» hey guys im back and ready to attack!!
My D.C Essay EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» TR School PT 2
My D.C Essay EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» One last Message from an Old Friend
My D.C Essay EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 am by Jake

» TRT..
My D.C Essay EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm by ChickenHunter

» Try and get Mumble to come back
My D.C Essay EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm by Mumbleortiz5

» WoRd PlAy- a word game by BK
My D.C Essay EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am by Jake

» Hello, again.
My D.C Essay EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:21 pm by Jake

» TRT Awards 2010: the results
My D.C Essay EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» The Rise and Fall of Chatserv: Amerikaanse Varken Versie
My D.C Essay EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 am by ponycrazy12

» The Final Thread
My D.C Essay EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 am by Aarbenhar

» NEW FORUM LIVE!
My D.C Essay EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 am by Sir Gamealot

» Bye. Forever.
My D.C Essay EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm by Seastella!

» Post The Song In Your Head
My D.C Essay EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm by Cowzrock

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:54 am

My D.C Essay

2 posters

Go down

My D.C Essay Empty My D.C Essay

Post by Acdog Sat May 09, 2009 7:11 pm

There was a contest at my school to write an essay about what it means to be an American. If you won, you got to lay a wreath on the tomb of the Unknowns in Washington D.C. Unfortuneately I didn't win, but I still got to go to D.C. Anyways, this was mine. Tell me what you think.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery is one of our nation’s greatest memorials ever. It signifies something so important which most Americans sadly do not usually have in the forefront of their minds. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier contains the remains of unidentified American soldiers from World Wars I and II, and up until 1998, The Korean War. Each soldier was presented with a Medal of Honor, which is currently on display in The Memorial Amphitheater, along with the flags that covered their caskets during their viewings and funerals. The Tomb is guarded twenty-four-hours a day and 365 days a year by specially trained members of the Third United States Infantry, (The Old Guard). This American symbol of pride and respect represents every unknown fallen soldier who has made the ultimate sacrifice fighting for our country. A wreath laying ceremony at the tomb is in my opinion is one of the most prestigious and monumental honors that any patriotic American could ask for.

To be an American is without a doubt one of the most yearned for statuses on the planet. An example of this is the overwhelming desire for foreigners to become a part of our wonderful nation, and to share the great rights with which we are allocated. Some people take our nation’s vast privileges and opportunities for granted, living somewhat hectic and busy lives. My personal hypothesis is that these people haven’t endured the extreme misfortunes that some foreign countries suffer, so it is hard for them to understand how lucky they truly are. Every day soldiers are bravely risking their lives, fighting so that we can lead free and peaceful lives.

Unlike most other countries, America entitles everyone the right to vote as long as they are legal citizens. We also have the right to practice whatever religious beliefs we choose, without fear of segregation of the rights entitled to us in our constitution. In the United States, we may bear as many children as we wish and educate them as we see fit. People can choose virtually any occupation they want, and fulfill their wildest dreams doing the jobs they have always dreamed of. All American’s may speak their honest and heartfelt opinions, without the chance of the government putting a cease to it or punishing them for expressing their own unique individuality.

From sea to shining sea, the beaming patriotism for our glorious nation will never die. From the Appalachians, to the Ozarks and to The Rockies, our love for this country shall never fall short. We shall always and forever cherish it, along with its brave defenders. The American life is truly one worth living. As long as I shall live, I will never forget what our soldiers are fighting for: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Acdog
Acdog
Migrator's First-Mate
Migrator's First-Mate

Number of posts : 2131
Tracker Points : 7228
Registration date : 2008-10-12

http://acdog.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

My D.C Essay Empty Re: My D.C Essay

Post by -Lynx__ Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 am

=O oh my, beautiful! im no american though... oh, and in your 3rd paragraph, its true to most countries in the world =D although america does have much freedom....

anyway, i'd rate it 9/10 cuz i find the word "statuses" weird (although its the plural of status) and i think that the sentence where it belongs is in its wrong grammar. you should have written there "status" because "To be an American" is somewhat in singular not on plural. its obvious that grammar is one of the criteria for winning, and i believe that THAT sentence pulled you down for 5% chance of winning. Anyway, love your opinion Very Happy
-Lynx__
-Lynx__
Child Prodigy
Child Prodigy

Number of posts : 1033
Tracker Points : 5860
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

My D.C Essay Empty Re: My D.C Essay

Post by Acdog Fri May 15, 2009 11:22 pm

thanks lynx!
Acdog