The TRT Games Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL NEW AND FORMER TRT MEMEMBERS.
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» A hello/goodbye and an apology
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am by Bananaman

» hey guys im back and ready to attack!!
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» TR School PT 2
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» One last Message from an Old Friend
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 am by Jake

» TRT..
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm by ChickenHunter

» Try and get Mumble to come back
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm by Mumbleortiz5

» WoRd PlAy- a word game by BK
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am by Jake

» Hello, again.
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:21 pm by Jake

» TRT Awards 2010: the results
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:04 pm by KingofDarknessAang

» The Rise and Fall of Chatserv: Amerikaanse Varken Versie
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 am by ponycrazy12

» The Final Thread
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 am by Aarbenhar

» NEW FORUM LIVE!
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 am by Sir Gamealot

» Bye. Forever.
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm by Seastella!

» Post The Song In Your Head
RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm by Cowzrock

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 49 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:54 am

RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli

2 posters

Go down

RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli Empty RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli

Post by ponycrazy12 Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:10 am

I don't know if any of you watch motorsport but it's been an awful week for it this week. Sad

At the 2011 IZOD IndyCar World Championship at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on 16 October 2011, Indy Car champion Dan Wheldon was involved in a 15-car accident during lap 11 of the race. He was airlifted to hospital but quickly died of his injuries. He was only 33 and had two kids.

Today Marco Simoncelli was involved in a fatal accident with Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi during the Malaysian GP at the Sepang International Circuit. In fourth position during lap two Simoncelli's bike veered across the track, pulling Simoncelli behind it and straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi. Being hit by both.
Edwards also fell off but was unhurt, but Simoncelli lay still on the track after the crash, his
helmet having come off during the incident. The race was immediately red-flagged. He was
taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical centre, but at 16:56 local time it was announced he had died from his injuries.
Marco Simoncelli was 24 and a brilliant rider, famous for his curly afro-style hair and fun personality he is sorely missed by all.
The footage on Youtube has been removed by the people who run MotoGP and I don't blame them. I saw it just before it was removed and it's truly sickening to watch. He was killed by Rossi and Edwards but there was no way in hell they could have avoided him.
Valentino Rossi was also his best friend, there aren't words to describe how he must be feeling right now, and having to live with it for the rest of his life.

I don't think there has been a worse motorsport incident since the death of the ledgendary Ayrton Senna in 1994. Sad
ponycrazy12
ponycrazy12
Master Tracker
Master Tracker

Number of posts : 740
Tracker Points : 6119
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli Empty Re: RIP Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli

Post by Cookie'D Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 am

I heard about Dan Wheldon it was awful, I saw it on TV even his friggin' car got on fire... I've never seen incidents like this.
Cookie'D
Cookie'D
Exotic Greek Maiden
Exotic Greek Maiden

Number of posts : 1296
Tracker Points : 5598
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum